Membership in Saco Valley Credit Union is open to anyone who lives, works, attends school or worships in Cumberland or York County.
Membership is also open to immediate family members of existing members (parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandchildren, or grandparents).
Joining Saco Valley Credit Union is easy!
Visit any of our convenient branch locations and become a member by opening a savings account with $25.
A Checklist of items required to open an Account:
- Valid, government-issued Photo ID
- Proof of Physical Residence (only required if your ID does not have a current address)
- Second Form of ID for Checking or VISA Check Card
Primary Identification Documents are:
- State Driver’s License
- United States Armed Forces Identification Card
Secondary Identification Documents are:
- Automobile Registration
- Birth Certificate with raised state seal
- National credit card
- Local credit card, with signature
- Local financial institution check card
- Signed voter registration card
- Original draft registration card
- Police Department ID with photograph and signature
- Social Security Card
Important information about procedures for opening a new account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means to you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents. In some cases, identification will be requested from existing members because appropriate documentation was not obtained at the time an account was originally opened.